AmaalTo raise awareness of Amaal to UK audience.
To raise awareness of Amaal to UK audience.
Amaal is a contemporary RnB artist hailing from Toronto, and currently signed to Universal Music Canada. We’re working with this Somali-Canadian musician on the release of her brand new EP, with our central aim to break ground in the UK music community through online media, radio and TV appearances. Since January 2019, we’ve released two singles ‘Not What I Thought’ and ‘Coming and Going’.
- ‘Not What I Thought’ premiered on The Line of Best Fit as their Song of The Day.
- Further online coverage for ‘Not What I Thought’ from Alfitude, The Most Radicalist, Born Music Online, Blanc Magazine, Fashionably Early, Cool Hunting, Mystic Sons, Going Solo, The Word Is Bond, I Heart Moosiq and more.
- ‘Coming and Going’ featured in i-D’s The Best New Music playlist, The Independent’s New Music This Week and Nylon’s Soundcheck.
- Further online coverage for ‘Coming and Going’ from Hot New Hip Hop, Earmilk, Elevator, Variance Magazine, Bristol in Stereo and more.
- ‘Coming and Going’ played by Jamz Supernova on BBC Radio 1Xtra show.
- Both singles received multiple airplay spots on Hoxton Radio’s Get In Her Ears.
- Interview and playlist feature with Fred Perry Subculture.
- Artist Spotlight interview with Earmilk.
- ‘Coming and Going’ music video selected for BT TV Music Channel playlist for the week commencing May 22nd.
“Hannah has been an incredible asset to our team. She’s earned consistent and quality media coverage and is a genuine pleasure to work with.” – Rakhee Sapra, Director of Communications, Universal Music Canada