London musician Jack Merecer, aka VC Pines, is the former frontman of indie-rock band The Carnabys, and so central to our role was to separate this new project from the former. We worked with VC Pines, his manager and later the label Fierce Panda Records to release ‘Golden Gai’, ‘Vixen’ and debut Indigo EP for the duration of around six months. Throughout the course of the campaign, we found consistent supporters within the blog and radio community, as well as setting up interviews and special features that explore VC Pines’ passions for synaesthesia awareness and fashion.
- Interview and photoshoot with fashion retailer The Idle Man as part of their Collective series.
- Interview and playlist feature with Fred Perry Subculture.
- Headline London show review with photo gallery on Sync.
- ‘Vixen’ premiered on Clash Magazine
- ‘Vixen’ as Today’s Song on Atwood Magazine
- Amazing Radio’s The Audition show playlisted every song
- Every song released featured by Mystic Sons and followed up with an interview
- Interview with Vegan Recordings for their Talk Show Host feature
- Interview with Turtle Tempo
- Further coverage for ‘Golden Gai’ from Digital High Blog, Vents Magazine, Crack in the Road, The Grey Lantern, With Guitars, Trash and more.
- Further coverage for ‘Vixen’ from Born Music Online, That Buzzing Sound, Eat This Music, Cool Music and Things, Bristol In Stereo, Skope Magazine, Headliner Magazine, Diamond Deposits, and more.
- Further coverage for Indigo EP from The Most Radicalist, That Buzzing Sound, Trash, Floated Magazine, Comeherefloyd, Music Musings and Such, Fresh On The Net and more.
“Hannah has been an amazing asset to our team. She helped us grow and achieve some great media coverage. We’d defiantly work again with the Charm Factory in the future.” – Jack Fratini, VC Pines Manager
Campaign by Hannah Thacker – firstname.lastname@example.org